Monday, January 17, 2005

Looks Like Y'all Had a Great Time!

Nice pictures, dude! I'm sure you guys had a blast, and I bet it was short too. Any spills? thrills? stories? Intimate rendezvous in the hottTUB? (actually, scratch that one)

We've been told to avoid back country skiing, being that... oh I dunno, THE WORLD IS ENDING!! WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE!!... just kidding again you fools! HA HA!

Nothing new on this front. Just steady working. Iv'e still got new-guy-itis. I am meticulously keeping track of every call to a customer in a database (I only have 416 accounts). Lot's of potential, and I'm frantic to not drop the ball anywhere. Oh well, I make progress toward that end each week.

Side note: I happened across some coolness on iTunes earlier. I was in a eighties music mood earlier tonight, and did a search for the song "Head to Toe" by none other than Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam. I know, this isn't the cool part. Actually I concede that it was one of my few-and-far-between uncool moments. See, I was shampooing Lillian's hair with Johnson and Johnson's "Head to Toe" baby shampoo, and every DOGGONE time I do that I inevitably go "Oooh baby, I think I love ya, From head to toe..". Well, dorkiness overcame me and I did a search for it on iTunes. Once I played the sample, I immediately realized that the song aged as well as regurgitated Mad Dog 20/20 (not bueno).

But alas, my eye caught what I thought was a COVER of that song by a band called Birds of a Feather (could that BE?). It wasn't. But what it was was so catchy that I ended up downloading the album. It is Jazz music, and in my opinion, super cool! The whole album. This may be popular Jazz, I don't know. To me though, it didn't come to me by any mass marketing communications giant. The essence of cool! At least, by my ever changing definition of what cool is...

Mosey over to iTunes and check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Dude, what the hell's so uncool about Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam? I used to love them back in the day. In fact, just remembering them gets me all misty-eyed and (ahem) "lost in emotion."

Tahoe was great, unfortunately, though we did go hot-tubbing, there were no stories that came from it. This was a capital-F Family vacation so I had to leave the Oh-face at home. Maybe next time.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home