Sunday, March 21, 2004

Checking in

Hey. Well, I'm typing this on Sunday evening feeling a bit sick (a chest cold I picked up while in Houston), overfed and sluggish. Unless I'm feverish tomorrow morning I will be at the gym with bells on to kick start my metabolism again. Man, I need to get back with the program.

As for the other matter we discussed, the negotiations continue. I am asking for a salary of $7,500.00 per month in the interim while I build a caseload of my own. Tom (my old boss) called me this evening and he told me that he spoke with Nancyann Flood, the senior claims manager for one of the largest maritime insurors in the whole fucking country (and AS&G's main client) and said that her only question was when I could start. Shit, and as Dad is so fond of reminding me, I can't even earn the respect of the foreman or bookkeeper at Centex. You tell me: where do I belong? Easy decision.

Tom will get back with me tomorrow and we'll finalize the salary issue. After then, assuming that it's what I want, I'll come home and Erica and I will tell the girls about the situation. I'll then go see dad on Tuesday and tell him to his face (don't worry, I won't get ugly unless he gets ugly with me - but I'd relish the opportunity) that I'm quitting. Bottom line, I expect to be out of the will by this time next week.

I'll let you know.

And get your butt back in the gym, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home