Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Toos-day

Mark, I don't recognize the quote.

As we IM'ed about last night, I had a good day yesterday. Honestly, since I left GE Capital back in 1993, I have only worked in very small - usually very ugly - offices. Dad's building in San Antonio isn't even the worst place I've ever worked either, that honor going to that pestilent first office I had to work in in Mobile. Ugh. That place can be best described by the old song "One Headlight" which was popular back when I was there: It smells of cheap old wine and cigarettes, this place is always such a mess, sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn. Anyway, my point is that this place I'm working at now is nice. It's clean and extremely well organized, with 22 people working here. That's a nice change for me. And it's REAL nice not to have to wear that goddamned Nextel on my hip.

Anyway, yesterday I went to College Station (we have an office there) to pick up a box of files. I don't know why, but I always thought 249 went directly to CS. Anyway, I took the scenic route back to mom's house, going 105 to Plantersville from Navasota, thence to Magnolia and Tomball. Wow, what a beautiful drive. Gang, I think I've found where I want to live.

Hope you guys have a good day. Rob and Mike, I'll see y'all tonight. Mark, my prayers stay with Rachel and the family. Speaking of which, please tell me where she is at MD Anderson. I'd like to drop by and maybe see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home