Thursday, July 28, 2005

Recollections of late 20s.

I remember when I was 27 being real busy. It was comparable to what it felt like to be a senior in high school with only a month left in the school year. You know that you're on the cusp of something bigger and you're eager to get on with it.

I had just started my career in Beaumont and my life was in major flux. Things were changing profoundly in my life then. I got married and Erica became pregnant with Courtney when I was 27 so that year was a whirlwind. I remember that my life had this wonderful feeling of forward momentum, like I was a leaf floating in a fast moving stream, like it does during all times of rapid change, so in that sense Mark I guess I agree with your characterization.

Mark and Mike, I don't want to say that your 30s will suck. You don't ever want to characterize a whole 10-year period of your life that way, but I will say that things will become a lot more serious for you then. Mark, with a (still) new marriage, a new daughter and career, you've pretty much already entered your thirties in spirit if not yet on the calendar. Mikey, enjoy these last few years of frivolity. There will be a time very soo when you'll look back on them and realize that that period is gone. So enjoy it, dude.

And happy birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home