Thursday, February 02, 2006

Okay, I guess it’s time I weighed in

What’s up, dudes? Not too much over here in the Big East. Rob came down a few weeks ago for his firm’s fiscal year sales kickoff so I had a good time partying with him. At least, I did when I wasn’t making a jackass out of myself by hitting on his lesbian colleague, that is. Obviously I need to get my gaydar re-calibrated. Oh well. After that, I got sicker than shit and have felt like crap for the past 2 weeks, so much so that I finally broke down and went and saw the doctor yesterday. Unfortunately, there’s nothing that much wrong with me. I say “unfortunately” because I was really hoping to get rich by writing a sappy autobiographical “dying young” screenplay and sell it to someone like the Lifetime network. I had already decided that William Hurt would play me (after he puts on 100-lbs or so). Unfortunately, I rather doubt that Lifetime will buy a screenplay about bronchitis. Shit. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I haven’t been in the gym in 2 weeks because of being sick and feel kind of out-of-sorts because of that.

I got my W2 in and saw that I made more money last year than I ever have before. Financially it was a very good year, which is ironic because in every other way ‘05 was the just about the worst fucking year of my life. Anyway, since I would prefer not to have Uncle Sam and the IRS take up residence in my nether regions, I am back in the real estate market. Right now, I am still trying to make up my mind on whether to buy a condo or a house, though I am leaning toward the house. Either way, I badly need the deduction so I am going to try to buy something within the next few months. A condo would be most convenient and a lot of the ones I have looked at are really nice, but they’re in somewhat marginal areas and they’re expensive as hell (like $250,000 for a 3-bedroom). That’s a hell of a lot of sugar for something with no garage. Also, they’re building new condos all over town so I worry about the market getting saturated. My ideal would be to buy the worst little house in the best area I can afford then invest a lot of sweat equity. I will let y’all know how it goes.

Mike and Rob, great seeing y’all this past weekend. Mark, congrats again I look forward to seeing you too sometime. First Coop is out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home