Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I do still read the blog...

Hey there!

Sorry to have taken so long to post again. Sometimes I wonder if the stuff I post has any relevance, or if it's just chatter... I guess that feeling sometimes keeps me from posting. The hum-drum details of a busy life are, well, hum-drum.

But I did do something I enjoyed enormously over this past weekend: I went back to St. Louis with my Grandmother and Clarita for the baptism of Carina. It was a fabulous time. I haven't flown with my Grandma ever, so that was interesting. She's 83 and can only see out of one eye, so her depth perception isn't very good. But other than that she is one saucy lady. She's so pretty still, and clear of mind, you'd think she wasn't a day over 70 to look at her. We're so blessed to have her around still, and to be able to hear the stories we need to hear about our family- I could talk to her all day. We did crossword puzzles, and played scrabble once. (My brother won, then Grandma, then I came in last- but I felt pretty good about my score even though I lost. I held my own in a tough crowd!)

Carina is soooo beautiful! She is such a sweet, happy baby, I just am so thrilled with her! I promise I'll post a photo or two when I can. She has eyes that remind me so much of Chris, Mark, and James. You all know those three looked similar as babies, well now you've another for the club- Carina is blonde with blue eyes, and she is growing just like you'd want a healthy baby to grow- chunky in all the right places! She is a love. She is so intense now- she looks right into your face and will move her little legs and arms around and wiggles and breathes and sticks her toung out and makes oh's, and then after all that she looks at you and says: goo. Then the process starts over and you just feel honored to have been present for the moment. She'll stay alert and 'talk' to you for several minutes, then she wants to be held up on your shoulder and cuddled. What a gem.

No real news from Austin. Our garden is pumping now- love that. Clarita will soon be finished with her first year in school. And Carmen wishes so bad she could go too- but she's still got two years to wait- poor thing! She was born at an inopportune time in terms of school start dates in Texas. She'll be three years behind Clarita in school even though they're only two and a half years in age, we may do some pre-school, but either way it'll be hard for her to wait out that last year!

Well I'd like to see you all sometime soon! Robbie when can we go back to the beach-house? Sometime before it's sold, I hope! The girls are still asking about it- what do you say? I'll talk to you all soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

That sounds wonderful, Jen! I can't wait to see a photo of Carina. Blonde and blue eyed and "chunky in all the right places" sounds a lot like Courtney at that age. Don't be shy about posting, girl. Life's mundane moments are more interesting in retrospect, I think, and certainly more so than my pretentious thoughts about movies ;)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home