Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Time to move on

Mark, my 20th reunion is set for October and I doubt I’ll go, either. I went to my 10th back in ‘94 and honestly, it wasn’t that great. Erica and I sat with old friends like Eric and Richard and their wives and, other than those two, I didn’t really care about seeing anyone else. I spent a lot of time politely smiling at people in a sort of “hey, I know you” kind of way and trying to make conversation with people that I no longer had anything in common with. We all made insincere promises to get back in touch with each other, but of course nothing ever came of it.

Another reason I have decided not to attend the 20th is because the tickets are $175.00 apiece. Fork over $350.00 to see a bunch of people I don’t miss and relive glory days that weren’t really all that glorious? No thanks.

By the way, I love your phrase “moral high chair.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home