Thursday, August 05, 2004

Questions for the sports fan

Because all politics all the time gets really really old - even for me . . .

Robbie, why did Ricky Williams retire? I don't follow the NFL like I used to so I don't know his story. Did he have a chronic injury hobbling him or what? He always seemed to me to be on the verge of really breaking through and becoming a real superstar, but just couldn't quite get there. Man, I still remember watching that UT-A&M game at your house back in '99 or '00 watching him run thru A&M like a runaway locomotive. God, we thought he was the next Earl Campbell. What happened?

And I read this weekend that Mike Tyson had his ass pounded into the canvas by another Englishman. Do you think we've finally seen the end of him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home