Friday, December 10, 2004

This glutton checks in

Believe it or not, I have been working out consistently since Rob and I started the BFL program last January. I am working out 5 days a week and have been doing so for a long time now. I'm in a good routine. I wake up at about 4:30 and go to the gym every day in Alabama to work out and do cardio. I have been so regular that, even though I have been in my apartment for over 2 months now, I have only actually showered there once. I've also been going to a spin class once a week for the past month. Mikey knows what torture spinning is but I don't know about the rest of y'all. Put it this way, spining would make a Marine puke. I've done it 4 times now and I still can't do it without cheating. After yesterday's session (1 hour) I was so sweaty that even my socks were soaked. I sweat so hard that I got abdominal cramps afterward.

My bench press is up to about 360-lbs. (I'm still chasing 400) and the other day I did leg press with 20 plates. And even though I'm still thick around the middle, my spare chins are gone. I'm in better shape at 38 than I was at 28 and it's because you Rob challenged me about 1 year ago when we met at that bar in the Quarry to get back in shape. Remember?

I have put on a lot of muscle bulk over the past year so my weight crept up again. So, I've been playing around with my diet and am now having a personal trainer design a nutrition plan for me with the caveat that just about all of my eating is done in restaurants.

Robbie, as always I wish you luck in the your resolution. I hope your back holds out and I hope your self-discipline holds out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home