Monday, September 12, 2005

Credit where it's due

Guys, I yield to no one when it comes to my loathing of all things burn't orange. I don't honestly know why I have this tissue rejection thing with them but I think it boils down to their arrogance and how they assume that since they're the University OF Texas that they're the only university IN Texas. Back in the '80s you would often see cars with window stickers that read simply "The University" in orange. Shit like that would set my teeth grinding. Since then, I have always made it a point to cut down, disparage, insult and just plain piss on anything that has to do with the Texas Longhorns.

My hate-UT bona fides thus established, I must also, to be fair, say that they have a very damned good football team. To go to Columbus, OH and beat the Ohio State Buckeyes in front of their own crowd is a very impressive feat, to put it mildly. And that Vince Young is something else too. He is what Reggie McNeal should be. It looks like this will finally be their year.

Great pictures, Mark! Looks like y'all had a nice time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home