Saturday, January 27, 2007

80's Football

Well, I guess if I'm still talking to myself, I may as well talk about something I want to talk about. USFL footage must now be in the public domain as I am starting to see it being used in TV commercials. There is a Nissan Titan commercial out now that clearly shows footage from a game between our old Houston Gamblers and the Tampa Bay Bandits. The back of Kiki De Ayala's jersey is clearly visible, even though it's only a brief glance. Also, I saw a Circuit City commercial this morning that showed a brief glance of what looked like the old Chicago Blitz playing (I am guessing) the Orlando Renegades.

You know it's old because the players' jerseys all have really loose, blouse-type sleeves (unlike today's form-fitting jerseys) and the trousers are all that really shiny satin-type of material that was popular back then.

I just hope no one ever resorts to using XFL footage to sell anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home