Sunday, April 11, 2004

Easter thoughts

Happy Easter, guys.

My girls and I came to Houston to see the in-laws. It was a nice Easter, notwithstanding the bitter cold. Shit, and I packed shorts and a tshirt to drive home! Needless to say, I came home in my church clothes.

I have to attend adjuster class all this week and next to get licensed by the state again. I last attended these classes back in 1993 and even then, when I didn't know a thing about what I was learning, the main challenge was just fighting boredom. I was hoping that I'd be able to renew my license by just sending the Dept. of Insurance a check. Even though I let my license lapse in 97, I was licensed in Alabama until 2002. The people at the TDI were not impressed and told me that I have to take the exams again. Thus, I'll be in San Antonio this week and Houston the next getting my classtime in. After that, I'll be legal again so I'll be getting back to work.

I don't have any funny anecdotes, movie quotes or anything else like that. Frankly, I'm in kind of a melancholy mood, what with all I hear about Rachel and with all the bullshit going on in Iraq. Sandy, Erica's brother's wife, has a job with a KBR subcontractor and is trying to get into Iraq right now. She's stuck in Amman, Jordan at the moment and hopes to be in Iraq by Tuesday. Everyone's worried about her. Fortunately, she'll be in Kurdistan (Kirkuk) where the people, unlike the rest of those ingrate bastards, are avidly pro-American. Still, it's a dangerous place.

And, like all of y'all, Rachel's situation is weighing on my heart.

So, I hope all of you kiss your families (Mikey, you can kiss your girlfriend) and hold them close. We know not how blessed we all are in this holiest of seasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home