Monday, July 12, 2004

Dad

Mark just hang in there.. I know the uncertain feeling well also. I'm sure the pressure is greater having a wife and baby but you, if anyone, are very marketable and should have no problems finding something.

I spoke with Dad for a while at Robbies this past weekend. Like you said Mark, I didn't really see much stress on him. Interestingly enough, He seemed really warm and happy. I think a lot of that is attributed to Susan. Numerous times he did comment on his love for her and how much he appreciates her being a stabilizing rock for him. One difference I've noticed, and it maybe just me, is he seems to be a much better listener. I can remember all too often conversations with Dad and it seeming so one sided. Much like, I'm going to talk and your going to shut up and listen because I'm wise blah blah. Now conversations seem much more engaging. For instance, him asking probing questions and looking at me as if he's interested and not so eager to talk.

Leaving Robbies I really got a good feeling from being with Dad. Not that "thank God that's over with." I'm really looking forward to going and spending time there this weekend. I don't at all have that apprehensive feeling going into this weekend.

See you guys there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home