Monday, August 16, 2004

Cute pics!

Mornin' guys. Mark, that's great about Lillian! FYI, "da da" was Courtney's first word too.

Also, I'm glad to see that you found a way to post photos to the blog, but your photo server doesn't agree with our old blog format so I changed it. Our format, that is. Great pics, too. Whose car is that, by the way?

Well, I'm in Mobile (surprise surprise) and am suffering from allergies like a sonofabitch. Also, one of our main clients, the one who insisted that I take over their account, is putting some pretty direct pressure on me to move back here full time. I told him offhandedly that I've ruled out coming back to Mobile and I could tell that he wasn't too happy to hear that. I'm beginning to feel my arm being twisted. Oh well, they can twist all they want, but I'm not moving back here. I don't mind coming here to help out because (a) I'm just grateful to have a good job and there's no way I'm going to rock the boat and bitch too much about traveling and (b) there's really no work in San Antonio. But this shit ain't permanent. I love South Alabama but don't want to move back.

Do any of y'all watch The Surreal Life on VH1? Erica and Megan are into it and I watched some of it yesterday. You know, it's not really surprising that formerly-famous people will do just about anything to claw their way back into the public eye. I have heard that people can develop an almost opiate-like addiction to media attention, after all. What is surprising, though, is that a market for that kind of thing exists. Why do we have such an obsession with washed-up celebrities nowadays? And why do we love to watch them humiliate and abase themselves? Erica told me that on an old episode Robbie "Vanilla Ice" Van Winkle made Gary Coleman walk up to Todd Bridges (who played his older brother on Diff'rent Strokes wayyyy back in the day) in a restaurant and mutter his famous line "what choo talkin bout Willis?" to him. Apparently, Mr. Van Winkle is quite the bully, at least to diminutive co-stars like Coleman. She also said that Coleman was so infuriated by that that he stormed out of the diner and vowed to quit the show, but was broke so he had to sponge cab fare off Bridges to even leave. Jeez. I also saw a clip from a previous episode where Ron Jeremy - the original "Man from Nantucket" - snuck up Tammy Faye Bakker and kissed her. Hmm, don't think that would have made The 700 Club's highlight reel.

Back to my own thankfully non-surreal life, my girls started school today. Can y'all believe Megan is a senior is high school?

Shit, neither can I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home