Friday, December 10, 2004

Yeah, but both of you are ugly

ha ha ha... he he he...ho ho ho... HAAAAHH!!!

I think about getting back into the routine all the time. From about February through July I had a pretty consistent routine going, which is a pretty long run for me. The only time it would work for me with my present schedule is if I hit it right when I got home from work for about 30 min. For now, the only thing getting thinner on me is my hair.

Man, being the new guy again SUCKS!! I don't know the products yet, I don't know my customers yet, I barely know my own company, and I'm already out in the field. I feel like a contestant on the Apprentice! My ready-to-use line is: "I don't know but I can find out for you". No one has time to see the new guy for the new guy sales call, so I'm having to drop in on most of my customers just to feel productive. That annoys some of them, especially because this is a busy time of year.

Once I get more up to speed it'll be great. It's the quintessential outside sales job. One of the cool things about it now is that I have some strong accounts for which we are key suppliers. One of them will (supposedly) double the business this year which ought to bump the salary into the next integer range. They are an integrator (basically the people you hire when you want to automate a manufacturing process).

But I'm sure you already knew that... That's what turns me on about 'cha.. you're attention to detail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home