Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Thanksgiving

Hey everyone. What is everyone's plan for Turkey Day? I am going to have Courtney and we are going to go to Shiner to be with Aunt Dorothy, Uncle Bennie and her side of the Coops. She warned me that her family get togethers can sometimes get a bit, well, volatile what with plenty of Pearl Light flowing and two grown daughters and all. I told her not to worry, that that's half the reason why I want to be there. I also reassured her that if anyone threw food at her that I'd jump up and take it for her. "I'd take a turkey leg in the heart for you any day, Aunt Dorothy" I said.

Turkey leg in the heart. Hmm. You know, I would be willing to bet that in all of human history, no one EVER has uttered that sentence before.

Anyway, Mark, mom tells me that you, Nat and Lillianita will be coming down to Houston, or at least she hopes you do, in any event. Rob, how 'bout y'all? Will you stay in town or are you planning on going to Arkansas? Mikey, I assume you'll be back in town by then, right? Jen, how 'bout you and your crew? I would assume that you do the bird with Uncle Jack. What are y'all doing this year?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Incredible... Shocking... Rediculous...

You, James, of all people should know that "Turkey leg in the heart" is merely a phrase or a predicate. NOT an actual sentence. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

About Turkey Day: We haven't firmed any plans yet. Natalie is going on a trip with her Mother on the 28th, so wherever we go we have to be back Friday evening.

Houston has been sort of a tradition so far, but Shiner would be nice too.

7:47 PM  
Blogger James said...

I guess I should be happy that you at least used the ellipses properly but for God's sake, couldn't you at least spell "ridiculous" correctly?! Fucking Aggies, I tell you!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Alas, you are correct. But, did you consider the fact that I wasn't intending to use the word "Ridiculous" (discribing something as being fit for ridicule) at all. No sir, I was using a form of the word "diculous" (describing something as just being silly). By saying "rediculous", I was telling you to check your silliness and "re" do it, you silly man!!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home