Monday, February 16, 2004

Beginning of week 8

Good morning! What's new?

Okay, couldn't resist that one. Well, how did your house hunting go this weekend? I found a more motivated agent to work with me and found that, of the three homes that I made offers on in December, one's still on the market, one sold and one let the listing expire and took it back off the market. The one that sold is one that I found when I looked at it for FR. Her house was such a piece of shit (albeit one in a fairly nice neighborhood) that I talked to her about taking an all cash offer from me to sell it. I was talking about number in the $30,000 to $40,000 range (the house had an ARV of about $85 - $90K) and she seemed interested but then her son told her that I was trying to screw her so she ran off and listed the damn thing. About three potential deals fell thru before I made a backup offer of $30K but it eventually sold for $50,000. If it was an investor who bought it, he's gonna get hurt. That thing was rotten from the slab to the shingles and was not one you could value add with just a bucket of paint and some new carpet. Fucking asshole, I hope he goes broke on it.

Anyway, Erica, Courtney and I went to Austin this weekend. We stayed in a Hyatt downtown (my girls being hotel addicts) and met dad and Susan for dinner one night. We went and saw the LBJ Library and went to see the Capitol too. It was a family field trip. However, for the second week in a row, I missed Saturday cardio, last week because of Billy's funeral. Those are the only ones I've missed though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home