Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Now that Robbie's gone, we can talk shit about him!

Rob, if you outlive me you may chisel "painfully longwinded" on my gravestone. Actually, that was one of the ideas for the title of my memoirs but, as I'm already up to page 3,506 and am still not even up to high school I am beginning to despair of finishing it. Anyway, glad you enjoyed my pretentious observations and I hope you and the fam have a good time in Padre.

Mark, "Abre tus Ojos" was a Spanish movie that used a PKD short story (I don't remember the title) as the chassis for it's plot. You're right that "Vanilla Sky" was a remake of it. When I say that it was a close adaptation, it was so more in spirit than in substance. The weird imagery and ending were pure Philip K. Dick. As for your problems posting from a Mac, just email the photos to me and I'll post them. That way, you can go into "edit posts" and add a title and text to them.

About Lynch, I never said that I loved his movies. He's made one movie that I loved, "Wild at Heart," and another I liked, "The Straight Story." I HATED "Lost Highway," despite the fact that it had real hot girl-on-girl action. I used to really like "Eraserhead" and "Blue Velvet" but those movies have aged like Whitesnake songs, i.e., not very well.

Well gang, I'm in Alabama again and will be here for 2 weeks. Since I will be busy, posting will be light from me. Also, I learned a lesson about how it's not always wise to be a tightwad and try to go cheap on the motel. Last night was so awful that I got only about 1 hour of sleep. More about that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home