Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Welcome to the Rat Race!

Mike, your post reminds me of the few years I spent in Chicago when we lived in the suburbs. We had some good times, but I definitely had moments like those as well. Natalie was on projects in either Minneapolis or Detroit so I was pretty much single during the week (with none of the benefits!). I would go to work at Siemens, where I would work my way through a stack of RGA's (which could probably be compared to TPS reports without the coversheet drama). For a large part of the year it was dark when I got home from work and dark when I left. I felt like a mouse on a wheel. Not much of a point to it all, you know?

Anyway, I'm not trying to say anything but that we've all been there. Maybe it's a good thing. The first step on a spiritual journey is usually realizing that you are on a dead-end road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home