Monday, June 14, 2004

Checking in

Hey gang. Erica and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in the French Quarter this past weekend. I ate like a glutton, drank like Axl Rose, and it felt great! Like that dude said to Tom Cruise in “Risky Business,” sometimes you just gotta say what the fuck! Anyway, we had a great time for which I have to atone this week by getting back with the diet discipline. I think Erica did her penance last night with her nightmare of a trip back to Houston. Mark and Mike, long story short, she was supposed to get back to Robbie’s around 6pm or so and hopefully be back in S.A. by 9pm last night. That was the plan, anyway. Well, because of bad weather around IAH, she didn’t end up getting back to Robbie’s until 1am.

Robbie, big thanks and a bottle of your favorite booze the next time I see you for boarding my girls and showing them such a good time while we were in New Orleans. We really appreciate it.

After I got into Alabama yesterday (I drove here after dropping Erica off at the airport in N.O.) I went and saw the new Harry Potter movie. I must confess that, as a big fan of the first 2 movies – and a HUGE fan of the books – I was a bit disappointed. I’ll post more about it later but right now, as I didn’t get too much sleep last night because of my lady’s travails in getting back to Houston, I’m a little too fog-headed to write it.

Mark, loved your review of the new Vin Diesel star vehicle. Not that I was in the least tempted to go and see it in the first place, but your words have assured that I’ll avoid it now even at Blockbuster too.

Gotta get back to work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home