Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Praying for Chad

Reading your post broke my heart, Mike. I can't imagine how traumatic that was for Chad to go through. I am praying for him and his girlfriend Mika. I will also bring them up in our Sunday School class so more people pray too.

As you all know, I am a strong believer that prayer does work. Because God is sovereign, He can take something as awful as this and actually use it for their betterment. Keep us posted on Mikas health and Chad's battle (we all know that a DWI is a huge black eye on your record). I have to stop and ponder how many times I drove when I was too drunk. Scary...

On a more positive note, we got some good news (finally) on Rachel. As you may know, her pain has been better and better. She finished her 6 week stint of radiation, then they did another catscan to measure the tumor on her pelvis. It shrunk significantly! Enough so that they are actually talking about eliminating it alltogether with 12 more rounds of chemo! The tumors in her lungs are completely gone. There is no talk yet of surgery, but they may not need to because again, they think they might be able to eliminate it with the chemotherapy.

This is real proof that prayer does work. You have to realize that her prognosis was bad. The doctors told Judy a while back that they would not be able to get rid of the cancer and that all they can do is try to make her more comfortable. The credit goes to God on this victory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home