Thursday, July 22, 2004

No, this isn't a review . . .

 . . . but I did see "Spider-Man 2" last night.  Now, I must say that I have enjoyed the Spider-Man movies, but not nearly as much as a lot of other people have.  Nevertheless, I don't want to quibble, so I'll just say that I liked it.  I liked the actor who played "Doc Ock" and I loved the guy who played Jonah Jameson.  I also like how he's played so over the top, like Sam Raimi doesn't want you to forget that this is a comic book movie.  I loved Kirsten Dunst, and I like of course like Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker.  Having the very ordinary looking Maguire play Parker (instead of the more handsome, but forgettable guy who plays his best friend - and who looks like he's straight out of "Metrosexual central casting") was smart. 

Another thing, then I'll shut up about Spider-Man.  Did anyone notice Robbie Robertson, the black guy who works with Jonah?  His face looked really familiar but I couldn't place it until the end of the movie when it came to me.  He played Radio Raheem, the boom box-carrying, loudmouthed punk in "Do The Right Thing."  He was a lot less gray, and fat, back then, but that was him. 

Hope y'all have a good day and weekend.  I'm working until the lunch bell rings then pointing it west to go home.  Damn, this traveling is getting old.  Also, even thought I'm still working out, I have let my dietary discipline go all to hell so all my clothes are getting tight on me again.  Need to work on that this weekend and next week.  I am looking forward to a nice boring weekend home alone with Erica and the girls!

Mark, thanks for the nice words.  Robbie, thank you too.  You know what for. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home