Thursday, July 15, 2004

One thing's for sure..

I'll be doing my own thing up here. I have to tell you, from the outside looking in, your post (though embroidered a bit) was pretty insightful. He derived a LOT of satisfaction from the stature of the company (and the company was/is an extension of himself).

I talk to him a lot about this and it sounds like he is going to get back into the nuts and bolts of managing Austin and Waco. Other markets may never happen, and perhaps they should not. I was committed to make DFW happen. Now that it is gone, I'm making a career change. I know y'all know this but I actually think my experience here was not a waste. I had my metal tested pretty good a number of times. I just can't wait to get another job, ramp up, make some money, and get back to the routine of life. By the way, I appreciate all of your encouragement and confidence in me.

One last thing, and I'm sure James will agree, it is going to be nice to have just a Father-Son relationship with Dad again (and no more "NexT-hell"!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home