Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Tuesday first-cup-of-coffee thoughts

Good morning, fellas. 
 
Tell me, why is I that I can only read one of Rob’s posts a week and maybe two from Mark.  Mikey, I count myself fortunate if I get to read your thoughts twice a month.  But should I fail to post something every day . . . well, you little punk asses start squawking at me like a bunch of crows.  Well fuck that!  No more, I say!  From now on, I’m playing for me!  Ya hear me, dudes?  From now on, I’m looking out for numero uno.  Well, after I do this one, anyway. 
 
So did anyone see “The Grid” last night?  I did and thought it was pretty cool.  It’s going to be a “limited run” drama (why don’t they just call it a miniseries?) and it stars Dylan McDermott and Julianna Margulies as a couple of U.S. counterterrorism agents.  I’m not really fans of either of these two, having wearied of on McDermott’s solipcisms after the second season of “The Practice,” but they’re in a good drama and they’re well supported by other, more accomplished actors like Tom Skerrit (who plays a CIA bigwig with the awesome name of Acton Sandman) and a host of British actors who play our guys’ MI-5 and MI-6 counterparts.  The Brits are vastly superior to our guys (the actors, I mean) so, between them, Skerrit and a host of really clever screenwriters, it looks like it’s going to be some pretty cool TV.  Check it out if you can.  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home