Thursday, July 22, 2004

What would we like to drink with that shit sandwich?

What's going on guys?  I got to tell you all that I'm pretty speechless about the things going on around us.  Its just amazing how things can seemingly go to hell in a hand basket fairly quickly.  I've admittedly found myself in a bit of a daze lately due to my dealings at work.  Kind of like I've been riding high in the stock market with everything riding on Enron and.. Well need I say more?

I then think about situations like Rachel.. The fact that I have my health, my ability, education etc..  I really try to put things into perspective and look at the big picture. A Tony Robbins quote comes to mind, "Try to think about all of the things your thankful for.  From the ones closest to you to the simplest, smallest things in life.  If your thankful, your rich."

The fact occurs to me is that there are no guantrees in this life.  I'm learning a pretty good lesson here in that, sometimes you can do what you feel is right, work to your ability and things still turn sour.  Is that God's will?  I guess time can only tell.  But I can't help but have faith that if we keep plugging away things will work out.

It is easy to grin when your ship's come in, and you've got the stock market beat.. But the man worth while, is the man that can smile, when your shorts are too tight at the seat!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home