Monday, August 16, 2004

The Coolest Throwback

James, you're a gayrod for even posting that pic! He looks like Scott Weiland winning the award for illegal substance abuse.

That car in the picture is actually a Chevy Malibu, 68 I think. It is Dan's toy. He fires it up occasionally and it sounds awesome. That pic was this past Saturday. I walked outside and there Lillian was, gripping the wheel, sitting in Dan's lap!

Anyway, I've never caught an episode of the Surreal Life. I heard it was funny and it makes you pity those guys. Speaking of throwbacks, I was browsing iTunes the other day and I found some great iMix's. IMx's are user compilations of random music. The one I found was called the Golden Age of Hip-Hop. It threw be back to the late 80s/early 90s. One group in particular that epitomized the era was a group called "3rd Bass". One white/black guy (he's white, but with a high top afro with 3rd Bass shaved into his head) called M.C. Serch, and an all white guy named Prime Minister Pete Nice. These guys were from Brooklyn and they have the heavy accent. What is cool about them is they didn't take themselves too seriously. One of their favorite pastimes was dogging Vanilla Ice. They did it in a song called "Pop Goes the Weasel" and on another called "The Gas Face" Funny Stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home