Thursday, February 15, 2007

Easter thoughts

Jennifer,

Damn prima, what, are you training to go into the WWF or something? Body pump class? Shit, just hearing about that scares me.

With regard to Easter, I doubt I'll be able to come down. I would love to, but Courtney wants to come here and see me for her Spring Break in March and there's just no way that I'm going to be able to swing that, then turn around and fly to Texas myself the following month, especially with these doctors' bills I've been hung with recently. Can you believe that the hospital bill from my 4-hour stay came to almost $10,000? They say that "that new car smell" everyone loves so much is the most expensive perfume in the world, but they're wrong; it's hospital disinfectant. Of course, hospital bills are about as fictional as new car MSRPs, so Blue Cross/Blue Shield won't pay nearly that much, but I will still have to pay my deductible--$2000--and that will pretty much kill any travel plans for me until the summer.

As to the whole "hospital thing," I went to a local doc-in-the-box a couple of weeks ago because of a rapid heartbeat. I thought it was just stress, but when they measured my heart rate at 137 bpm they sent me straight to the hospital where I was poked and prodded and subjected to a chest. The good news is, no heart attack and no pulmonary embolism. The bad news is that I do have hyperthyroidism, more commonly known as Graves Disease. I have gained a shitload of weight the past 2 years despite working out 4 to 5 times a week. Maybe that's why.

Glad to hear you, Enrique and the girls are all well. How is Chris and his crew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home