Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday miscellany

Great to have Jennifer back! Now at least we're a duo again! I guess that's progress. Since I can't seem to inspire the rest of you drooling retards to your keyboards, I guess I'll try giving you assignments. Here goes:

Rob: Mom tells me that you're having a lot of trouble with your back again. She tells me that, as you put it, you no longer have good and bad days, nor even bad and worse days, but rather it's gotten so bad that you now have "bad days and can-barely-get-out-of-fucking-bed days. What's up?

Mark: Please update us on Rachel. I think and pray about her often.

Mikey: Give us some good and exciting news so we can all live vicariously through you.

Jennifer: I looked up the Tom Robbins book you mentioned, "A Roadside Attraction," and read a few lines of it on Amazon. I confess I have never heard of this guy but I really liked what I saw. I have always believed that you can measure any novel by it's opening sentence and this one . . .

The magician's underwear had just been found in a cardboard suitcase floating in a stagnant pond on the outskirts of Miami.

. . . makes me think I'd probably like it. Give us some news about your life and give us some pictures of Clarita and Carmelita, please. God, I miss y'all.

Erica told me the other day that she heard a radio commercial the other day while driving thru Fredericksburg and that it had Isaac on it. She thought the guy's name was "Sam Benevides" but I told her it must have been Isaac. I hope everyone at Centex is well and that the company is doing well too.

Well, I saw a wonderful movie this weekend. It's called "Little Miss Sunshine" and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's a road-trip movie where a slightly dysfunctional, albeit still loving, family take a beat up old VW bus from New Mexico to California so their 7 year-old daughter can compete in a beauty pageant. The final scene, the pageant itself, it absolutely priceless. Steve Carell is wonderful and Alan Arkin absolutely steals the show as the foul-mouthed, curmudgeonly grandpa. Rob, for some reason, I especially think you'd like it.

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. I boycotted the office, worked out once and got laid twice, so I've got nothing to bitch about. Oh yeah, and I'm seeing the endocrinologist tomorrow, too. Not really looking forward to that but ANYTHING is better than having to go to the hospital again. Till then, peace out, my nizzles.

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home