Friday, May 28, 2004

Friday...and I'm feelin AAALLL RIGHT!

To the dudes:

It is a beautiful Friday afternoon and I'm putting a bow on this stressful week. Rob, I hope you're having a good time in Padre, and on the Aquadog thing. I checked out the website... All I can say is I hope they tightened the lugnuts on that sucker before you put my nephew and niece on it. It kind of looks like something from Beyond the Thunderdome!

Anyway, I'm sure you all can relate to this, but DANG I have had some back-knot inducing stress lately. I guess its because of all the many tasks that need to be done to breathe life into this market. From cold-calling agents to shopping around for a dumpster, none of these tasks are any more or less important than the others and they all need to get done. This and keeping up with my normal estimates, followups, and job-starts have caused a few greys to poke through my scalp and a few knots to well up under the skin on my back.

Stress sucks and it is a joy-killer. I don't know about yall, but when I am stressed I start to get down on myself. I start on with "Why can't I get all these things done? Why can't I do them in the time they 'should' get done in? I'm not that good..." yada yada yada...CRAP!!

It is crippling when each thing that needs to get done has a blinking red 'urgent' light flashing in my mind, with a beeping alarm, and they are all going off at the same time! Where do I start? Can yall relate? I'm sure you can.

Let me share with you why I don't feel it anymore: This, I believe, is where God says "Dude, do you want some help? Know this: whether or not you complete those menial things, I love you. You are wholly acceptable to me. Be at peace and get rid of the guilt, because you can't control everything. I'm the one in control. Just do your job, one thing at a time, and don't worry about it.

Things will eventually get done, and there will be more things to do after that. No big deal. Just have to do what you can in a day, then clock out until tomorrow (because it WILL be there for you when you clock back in)

I just thought I'd share this with you. I hope I didn't make any of you uncomfortable. Christianity is hard to talk about without sounding like the Church Lady (thanks Dana Carvey!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home