Monday, November 01, 2004

What's up?

Mark, I have to hear about your new job from Susan? WTF?! Tell us about it.

Our Halloween was cool. Courtney dressed as a "Vampire Cheerleader" and we had fun passing out candy to all the little ghouls in the neighborhood.

Robbie, are you working out any more? I still am. I am eating lean and hitting the stairmaster after each workout religiously. Still, I can't seem to lose weight lately. Mikey, I'm thinking about going on a creatine supplement. What do you think?

I'm still in SA right now. Erica and I are going to go see Velvet Revolver in concert tonight in Austin so that should be cool. Tomorrow, I will brave the lines at the polls and cast my ballot for another four years of Bush/Cheney. After then, I'll hop on a plane and head back east.

Speaking of the election . . . man, I wish I had a more confident feeling about it. A lot of writers I admire are saying the hell with all the polls, Dubya is going to win in a blowout. I don't know. A lot of others (conservatives) are saying that the wind is blowing against him and that it would be good for the country if the Democrats win because it would force them to dump the morally unserious hard left and actually grow up. If Kerry were in power, the argument goes, the Democrats wouldn't have the luxury of just sitting on the sidelines bitching about Bush and Cheney and throwing red meat to their partisans by insinuating that the invasion of Iraq was cooked up just to enrich Halliburton. If they were forced to confront reality (which, to govern, you have to do) they'd have to ditch the hard left and work with the GOP. That's the theory anyway. I admnit, it does have its appeal but ultimately I don't find it all that convincing, myself. I don't believe in rewarding bad behavior.

Anyway, tomorrow promises to be a nail-biter. Guys, we have a lot of very good, very brave young men getting shot at and sometimes blown up to give the Iraqis the chance to vote for their leaders. The least we can do is exercize our same rights over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home