Monday, October 25, 2004

This Thanksgiving

Hey everyone. Hope you’re all well.

What are y’all’s plans for Thanksgiving? We’ll be going to Mom’s house this year. We’ve done Turkey Day the last few years at the in-laws’ place so this year is Mom’s turn. I sure hope y’all are going to be there too. Since by this time next year, my family and I will likely be in Jacksonville, this may be the last time in a while that we can all do a holiday together.

Mikey, I hope you enjoyed New York. Do you think Paychex will relocate you or have you been assured of staying in Houston? Like you, I’ve been having fun watching A&M creep up on everyone in the Big 12 but unlike you I think they have a major reality check coming up. A&M reminds me of last year’s Dallas Cowboys; a solid if unspectacular team that is benefitting from gritty play, solid coaching and good luck. To wit, look how the Cowboys seem to be coming back to earth this season. I’m not saying A&M won’t be great again, I just don’t think the ’04 Aggies are quite there yet. Still, it is fun watching them win again.

Well, Aunt Dorothy called me the other evening. I was watching UT (now there’s a good team, I hate ‘em but dammit, gotta give credit where it’s due) bitch slap Texas Tech all over their home field when she called me. In case y’all didn’t know, she also has the ramble-on-for-hours trait that dad had and that I have. In fact, she went on for so long that I had to ask her to stop. I just didn’t feel like talking about it and doing so with her was darkening my mood (see my last post to what a good weekend we had). She did tell me that she is now of the opinion that dad did not consider Centex to be community property. Fat lot of fucking good that does us, I thought. Oh well, I really don’t care anymore. At this point I think I’m just content to let Susan buy me out when all of this is said and done. That’s the way I’m thinking right now anyway.

Lastly, we had Megan’s senior pictures made at Glamour Shots the other day. Ho-lee She-it. All I saw were the little B&W thumbnails they sent Erica home with but even from those little things I can tell that they’re going to be devastating. As pretty as Megan is, she’s the type who comes across even better in photos. In fact, they came out so good that the manager of the store called Erica and asked her if she would mind him making a 17”x20” copy of one and putting it on the store wall. We should get them this week and we’ll mail copies to y’all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home