Thursday, March 17, 2005

Greetings from North Florida

Hey guys. So it's our one year bloggiversary, huh? Cool.

I know you'll all be surprised to hear this from me but I've had trouble coming up with things to write about. You all know me, in normal times I could fill 2 pages talking about nothing more than the fact that I have nothing to say. Well, there's a lot to say but I just haven't felt compelled to put it down. But, for the sake of posterity, I'll try.

Wow, what an eventful year it's been. Lillian was born and Dad died. Megan's about to graduate high school. Both Mark and I ended our great experiment with Dad rather unhappily (but both wiser for the experience) and now this whole fucking mess with Dad's estate . . . . Jeez, we've all had a big dose of history the last year and it's been, well, eventful to say the least.

We are now looking for a house in Jacksonville and I had Erica the girls down this past weekend to look around. Megan and 2 of her friends came down and stayed on Jacksonville Beach when their plans to go to Padre Island fell through at the last moment. Anyway, we found a few neighborhoods that we really like but the homes there aren’t staying on the market more than 3 to 4 weeks before they’re sold. Real estate is white hot here and it is definitely a seller’s market. I hope I won’t be buying at the top of the market either because I am going to be paying at least $100K more for a house here than I am going to end up selling my house in San Antonio for. For instance, my house in SA just appraised at $175K (I know because we just did a refi a few months ago) and I will bend over and kiss my own ass if I can sell it for that much. The house Erica fell in love with here is listing for $260K. It has slightly less square footage than my house in SA too. Work’s going fine though and we all had a nice time this passt weekend. Here are a few pictures.

Here’s me and Erica on Jax Beach one night. It’s really cool being on the coast and having the beach right there.




Here’s Megan and her friends Cory and Wade. I know what you’re thinking and you can all shut up right now. We have known these boys for the past 3 years and we also know their parents. They’re good kids.




Well, gotta get back to work now. People to meet, claims to deny; you know the drill.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home