Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Just when you thought "Reality TV" was dying out

With all the far reaching (and failing) reality shows that are out there, one would think that this fad may be losing interest in the public eye. Take Fear Factor for example: I can't even get through a commercial for it without nearly dry heaving. I mean, how many times can you see someone dipped in a swimming pool of festering dead rats and cockroaches and forced to eat their way out... no thanks. And the Starlet?? "Don't call us, we'll call you" a la the Donald's "You're Fired"? C'mon. Yup, all signs were pointing to the demise of Reality TV in my opinion.

Notice I said "were". I say that because Mark Burnett is a friggin genious. Have you guys watched The Contender yet? Two words: Awe Some! Seeing Ishe whoop that Baby Face kid was SO sweet. It got me thinking that it's almost too good. Someone HAS to be behind the curtain pulling the strings. Baby Face was an incarnation of Apollo Creed in Rocky I and II. Next we'll see one of the guys at the press conference going "My prediction? .. Pain." Still, it's great fun to watch. Yall should have seen Natalie get into it. We were like Rocky's kids watching him fight on TV in Russia.

I guess Reality is here to stay for a while. You know that The Contender is going to be a franchise.

That's my two cents for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home