Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dodged another bullet!!!

Hello again guys and girl. Well, we dodged another storm in Galveston. As some of you may know, yesterday a hurricane formed in the gulf right off the coast of Texas. This is unusual because most tropical storms form in the southern Atlantic and move westward. Anyway, I thought that I was going to be in for another massive clean up (I've done it 3 times now), but we escaped unscathed.

I also had another adventure with home repair last week when I finally broke down and bought a new dishwasher. We've needed one for at least 5 years. I don't know why we put it off for so long other than neither of us get any enjoyment out of spending money on appliances. Anyway, back to the story. The salesperson at Sear's tells us that delivery is free, but it will cost $75 for installation. "Well, F that" I say. I'm capable of connecting a couple of hoses and a plug.

Four hours later and two trips to Home Depot to get the plug and hoses needed that should have been included, but I found out when I opened the box, weren't, the dishwasher was in. Hooray! I was feeling muey macho until the next morning when we woke up and went into the kitchen to find water was everywhere, including the carpet in the living room.

Come to find out that it's a good idea to use plumbers tape when screwing in hoses that are going to be transporting water. My AllState adjuster wrote me a claim for $2600 minus a $1000 deductable. He also assures me that he low-balled the estimate and that I should have a flooring contractor call him after they look at the problem and he will adjust the claim.

Needless to say, Rebekah hasn't thanked my yet for getting the insurance company to partially fund a new floor. My opinion is that we needed one anyway since it was already warping around the refridgerator and back door. But then again, I'm a glass half full type of guy.

Work is good I guess, the last weeks of a quarter are always stressful, this one is no different. I'm a little frustrated that my company seems to be severely lacking in supporting customers after they have purchased our software. This leads to some really pissed off people and I'm their designated neck to choke. That's sales though.

That's all for now. Mark, I hope that I was able to provide you with a small diversion to your day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Thanks. That completely took care of the last 90 seconds...

J/K. I was just posting a comment to James entry saying that we need to have an all-Coopbro shin-dig at your beach house after we get back. You have until then to get a new floor. That is all.

I laughed out loud and almost woke Delaney up when I read about your mishap (as well as James' 2AM strategic decision to lay down on the deck). It's times like that when you gotta respect the blue-collar workin man!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home