Friday, February 06, 2004

End of week 5

Hey, I'm typing this before I pack a bag and get ready to drive to your house. I fucking nuked my legs in the gym this afternoon. I did 14 plates for my last set of leg press. I feel like rubber south of my beltline so I guess it was a good workout.

I'm not going to fuss at you about your diet discipline going all to hell, either. You didn't need this as a weight loss thing nearly as badly as I did. For what it's worth, I'm still doing pretty well on the diet although I'll bet I probably gained a bit of weight this week. I can feel myself muscling up, esp. in my legs and I think I'm at the "stasis" point where my lean gain will offset my fat loss for awhile.

We had a sales meeting at Dad's house this morning. Every time we get together, he gives us his newest harebrained schemes for turning things around. The truth is - and this "truth" is only my opinion - we're overexposed in this market. No other competitor, not one, has offices in both SA and Austin. Most of them are here in SA and handle both cities out of one market. In fact, for foundation repair, I would argue that the two cities are in fact one market.

Dad has had an office in San Antonio since 1996 and it has never been profitable. And I don't expect that it ever will be. The guys in Austin all make good money but SA salesmen never do. Dad has a very "shoot the messenger" kind of response to thoughts like that so I don't bring it up often but I have told him my thoughts on that. Twice.

My shit-or-get-off-the-pot time will expire when Megan gets out of high school. I'll keep my faith and a positive outlook until then but if I'm still in the same boat by Spring 2005 that I am now, it's adios papa.

Robbie, please keep this to yourself. I needed to vent.

See you tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home