Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Trying to stay on track!

Hey brother. Went in and did 20 minutes on a machine I call the "cross-country skiier." I've never gotten on one before because they look silly but 20 minutes on one this morning changed my mind. Like you, I'm feeling more and more tempted to break the diet. I'm resisting though.

We always have to make compromises. I can't expect Erica and the girls to eat tuna and chicken with me for every meal so I end up eating what they do, just a lot less than I used to and now I insist on having a vegetable like green beans with every meal. Brother, I'm telling you, I have eaten mountains of spaghetti in my life and limiting myself to a measly "portion" of it takes a major effort of will.

Glad to hear you're muscling up. I wish I could but I can't push myself hard enough north of my waistline because of this damned shoulder.

We finally got DSL set up in our house this past weekend. What made it a pain in the ass is that my home only came with 2 phone jacks, one in the kitchen and the other in the master bedroom. Installing a jack in the office would have involved boring through my brick veneer and then stringing a cable all the way around my house to the phone box in the back. No thanks. I bought something called a "wireless-B router" and an adapter card for the computer. I needed a pro to set it up for me but now that it's up and running it's pretty cool. I was sick to death of dial-up AOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home