Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Hey

Yeah, I would love to "get regular" again too.

I don't know how much I weigh right now. I want to only weigh myself once a week because I tend to get too scale-obsessed when I'm dieting. I would imagine that I'm at about 294 or something. I'll it the scale again on Saturday and let you know.

I'm impressed that you did four miles in Florida. I suspect that I would probably ruin my knees if I tried running as heavy as I am right now so I'll keep with the stationary bike and stairmaster until I lose another 30 lbs or so then give it a go. I'd like to be on a running routine again. I haven't jogged regularly since the first Bush administration!

Dad has a tendency to get on "kicks." And the most common fads that he has a tendency to get sucked into are diets. He's tried them all and, you're right, were it not for the chocolate and Scotch, he'd be a lot slimmer than he is. His teeth would be better too. But you're also right that he is incredibly vigorous for a man his age.

He came to the office today and I had some face time with him. I needed it. I bitched at him about some things and we cleared the air on some others. It was a good meeting and I feel better. Anyway, he was going into how wonderful WW is because of the mutual support of the group. I could tell he was wheeling the conversation around to recommend that I get into this when, to cut him off at the pass, I brought "Coopbros" up on my computer and showed him how you and I are accountable to each other. His comment: "man, that's great . . . just great."

Anyway, I did lower body and abs this morning. I did straight leg deadlifts instead of seated leg curls for hamstrings and I have a feeling I'll be feeling sore tomorrow, but overall it was a good workout.

The diet is still fine. The free days keep my binge impulses under control and I've been away from sweets long enough that I don't crave them any more. I only drink with you or dad so I'm not cheating that way either. I'm determined to keep pressing forward with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home