Thursday, February 05, 2004

Low energy today

Hey, did 20 minutes of stairmaster this morning. I'm finding that I'm getting in to the gym later and later in the morning and that, instead of becoming easier to wake up, it's getting harder the further I go in this routine. This is the end of my 4th week on the BFL program and the 5th week working out overall (remember I did my own thing the first week). I have missed NO workouts, not even a cardio day.

Things are back in motion on that house I told you about that I'm working with an investor on. We tried to get a quick "rent-to-buy" buyer a few months ago but that fell thru because of the customer's bad credit. The strategy was always to "short-sell" the house anyway. It's a ugly duckling with pretty good potential. The foundation's fucked up like you wouldn't believe and it stinks like mold and cat shit inside but it has an ARV (after repair value) of about $90,000.00. When you "short" a mortgage, you convince the mortgager to sell you the property for less than the mortgage amount. For that to happen, the previous owner has to deed the property over to you and walk away from it AND the house has to be a complete piece of crap. The mortgager has to be convinced that there is no way that they'll be able to easily sell the property so they cut their losses and sell it to you. The problem is that unless the owner is at least 60 days behind on his mortgage, the mortgager won't talk to you about it. Thus, the delay.

I'll keep you up to date on this as it goes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home