Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Shrek 2

Well here comes the full review that I promised to you earlier.

Shrek 2 is a perfect example of what a truly great animated movie should be. The characters are cutesy and colorful, so Emily liked it. They engage in somewhat risque behavior (bathroom humor) so Christian liked it. And there were over 50 pop culture references, so I liked it. The spinoff of "Cops" and "Mission Impossible" were two of my favorites.

There is really nothing original from the first one. It's the same stuff only better done this time.

Antonio Banderas' Puss and Boots character is a riot and the chemistry between Eddie Murphy's Donkey and Mike Myers' Shrek has gotten better. Whereas in the first movie, I thought it was forced, the interaction is more natural and funny. I can take or leave Cameron Diaz.

You know what else I liked about it? It was short. Only like an hour and fifteen minutes. I am so tired of 3.5 hour marathon movies.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Nicely written, Robster. I;ll have to go see it myself. I haven't even seen the first Shrek movie yet, though.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home