Monday, November 01, 2004

I don't have a job yet!

I'm waiting to get the offer from the company, hopefully sometime today, then I was going to make it official. The VP of sales was attending an Automation Conference last week. He told me that I would get an offer, assuming everything checked out on my background check, and that we would get together sometime on Monday (today) to discuss the finer points.

"Retainer!! Yoa sichoowashin would be greatly improved, heretofoa, if I had five hunid dallaz in my hand"

Anyway, I called him this morning, sent him an e-mail this afternoon, still no word yet. Now all I can do is wait. I hate this crap! I don't want to be like the cable guy :"Hey it's me again, I was just in the bathroom and thought you may have called!"

I do feel good about it though. The job is for Account Manager with The Reynolds Company. They are a wholesale distributor for industrial electrical equipment and datacom products. Broadly speaking, they sell to commercial contractors and manufacturers. My degree, and three yrs industry experience in Chicago apply here. Anyway, more on this when I actually get the job.

I already talked to all of you individually about this, but Jeff is willing an honored to act as the chief of Centex. Jen and Enrique know too. All that's left to do is make sure the estimators are on board, which they will be. They all like Jeff and feel he would lead the company in a smart way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home