Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Vacation plans

I'm going to cash in some of these free trips I've earned from Southwest Airlines and take Erica and the girls skiing in a few weeks. We're going to a place called Squaw Creek at Lake Tahoe. We'll be gone from 1/13 thru 1/16. I haven't been skiing since we all went with Dad and Susan back in 98 or 99. All I remember from that trip was drunkenly singing Eve 6's "Inside Out" with Mikey in the hot tub and watching Robbie take a particularly nasty spill at the bottom of the slope, whereupon he muttered "I think I just shit myself" to me as he staggered to the mens' room.

I have laid off the heavy leg presses and jogging and instead have been hitting the stairmaster really hard lately. Not that silly elliptical machine that some people mistakenly call a stairmaster, either. Oh no, we're talking the real deal, baby. The kind of stairmaster that has a rolling stair treadmill and makes you feel like puking after 5 minutes.

I'm think Courtney will take to skiing like a duck to water, considering how active she is. I've told her to jump on the trampoline every day until her legs hurt to get into shape for the slopes.

We'll take pictures and I'll post them if I can. My digital camera is way too bulky to carry in a ski jacket so we might just take a regular camera and have the photos digitalized somewhere. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. This will be our first family vacation in about 6 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home