Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Checking in from the Right Coast




Mark, I was quoting a very funny albeit bizarre skit from last week's SNL called "Monkeys Throwing Poop at Celebrities." It was almost as good as the immortal "cowbell" skit. Weird, inspired and funny as hell.

Robbie, since you're jumping back on the diet bandwagon for yet another lap around that track, I feel compelled to say that if you would just lay off the pizzas and burgers, you wouldn't have a problem. No more pizza for you, Rob. You need things like wheat germ and riboflavin . . . .

Personally, I haven't really been taking all that much care in what I eat. I'm not going completely crazy and eating at Whataburger every meal, mind you, but I'm not exactly eating chicken breast and brown rice, either. Oh well, I am still working out and feeling good from it. As we discussed Rob, I recently changed my workout to a rep-heavy plan. I do 2 sets of 50 repetitions for each exercize. Obviously, I had to drastically reduce my weights to do that, like for instance on the bench press, instead of using 120-lb. dumbells I use 30-pounders. I'm just finishing up my first week doing this and everything on my body hurts. I haven't been this sore since you and I started the BFL 2 years ago and I was so sore then that I could harldy manage to lift my arms for a whole week. I would love to hear Mikey's input as to what I'm doing. What say ye, Rock? Am I helping or hurting myself?

Just the usual's going on with us. We're all dreading the impending move, even though we know Jacksonville is a nice place. As far as home buying goes, we've got a line on a FSBO in a very nice part of town called Eagle Harbor. We've had NO nibbles on our home in SA, though. My next door neighbor had his house on the market for over 200 days before he found a buyer. Of course the asshole never sodded his back yard, letting it become a weed and cedar infested wasteland so, when he did finally sell it, he had to do so for less money than he bought it for. You can imagine what that did to the comps in my neighborhood, too. Bastard.

One fun thing we did was that Erica and went to a concert last weekend at a bar in San Marcos. We went and saw the Burden Brothers again. Those guys always put on a great show. That was our third time to see them, too.

I know, I know. I'm a little old to be becoming a groupie but what the hell, it's fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home