Sunday, January 18, 2004

Free day's end

Well dude, this is certainly not the big news of the day, not by a long shot, but I thought you should know that there's a Burger King outside of Temple that is now a smoking crater after I hit it. I wanted to have a sit-down at a place like you did at Wings & Things but after I got THE CALL from Mark, that wasn't going to be possible.

So, with visions of carbohydrates and cholesterol dancing in my head, I pulled into a BK today and got:

A whopper with cheese
A chicken sandwich (fried, not broiled)
A medium order of fries
A slice of Oreo ice cream cake
A medium Coke.

I ate it all so fast I barely tasted it. I thought doing this would give me that old sensuous, almost drugged sensation that I used to get from overeating on fast food. Instead, to be totally honest, it made me nauseous. I feel bloated and just thick, if you know what I mean. I can't wait to get back with the routine tomorrow.

By the way, if you didn't know, I'm blogging from Mark's house. Damn! has our little brother got a nice crib, or what?

Now, as to the events of the day. First of all, big kisses and a bear hug to my favorite niece Miss Emily Rebekah from her Uncle James. I hope that she had a happy and special 4th and please tell her that I gave her present to Mom to deliver to you.

Now, as to our newest niece, as you know little Miss Lillian Addison Cooper came into the world today shortly after noon. I have a bunch of thoughts about and I've already composed them (in the form of a letter to Mark) and posted them to my other blog. If you want to read it, just mosey over to www.jamesgang.blogspot.com. This is my journal and you're of course welcome to read it, if you want. In fact, I even have an entry solely about you, posted back just before Christmas. All I ask is that you don't share the link with anyone.

I'll leave here tomorrow at around 11:00 am and head back to S.A. I don't think there's a Bally's nearby and even if there was, I didn't bring my workout clothes. Thus, tomorrow will have to be an afternoon lower body workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home