Wednesday, December 29, 2004

More on T.S. Elliott (..cue the classical music)

I read this poem every time I hit this site. I think this account is like most people's spiritual journey to become a Christian. It's painful. You cut against the grain of the world's value system. You have to die to the "self-life" to embrace the new spiritual (re)birth. Then, as Elliott illustrates, you no longer fit in. You are like a stranger in a strange land. All of this is biblical truth.

I think that the Magi were among the first Christians, or if you prefer: Messianic Jews. The Magi were an ancient people that pre-date the Babylonian Empire. They were known for their ability to interpret dreams. Daniel, a Jew, became Chief of the Magi when he out-interpreted them to whoever was the king at the time (This was before the Lion's den incedent). Anyway, it was Daniel who let them in on the messianic prophesy and got them into the ancient prophets etc..

I just learned all this not too long ago.. I love this stuff!

ANYWAY... Mike, good to see a flippin post from you.. Finally! GAWSH!!

James, That's cool that you are going skiing. Coincidentally, we are going too! Natalie and I are flying to Seattle for a friend's baby shower then we're driving up to Whistler, Canada. I just got in from my garage doing squats to prepare (I won't tell you how little weight I was using). I feel a bit like Kip Dynamite. I think I bruised my neck meat on the bar, and tore a mole off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home